Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Galleys

Received my preliminary galleys for Collateral Risk today. I love this stage because publishing the book starts to seem real. The next step is a production galley, which is followed by another edit by my series editor, a copy editor's once over and, finally, a proofreader's last look at the manuscript. And I get to see all those versions too and make changes, if necessary. But after the preliminary galley goes back to my editor and she sends it on, there won't be any more big changes. One thing that I love about working with TWRP is that they are scrupulous about the final product. 

If you're interested, I've put up the prologue and chapter 1 on this blog (but keep in mind they've still got to get through another round or two of edits--any errors are my own).  


In case you're wondering about the biohazard symbol, Collateral Risk centers on the idea of terrorists and biological weapons. I did quite a bit of research for the book and came away more than a little freaked out by the possibilities. As I get closer to publication I'll post some links to recent developments in the field but for now I'll just say that I have the utmost respect for the researchers who risk their lives every day to study the pathogens that could destroy us. If you're in the mood for a chilling but great read that served as the basis for quite a bit of my research, check out Richard Preston's The Hot Zone: The Terrifying Origins of the Ebola Virus. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

New Review

New Review
Loving this review on Riverina Romantics.

Blog Hop