Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

One of my top resolutions for the upcoming year is to post on this blog more. I'm a newbie to publishing and am finding it a bit challenging to balance blogging, twittering-and, last but not least, writing. Add to that the chaos of daily life...well, this sparse blog is the result.

But I do hope to write more here - and to post excerpts of my writing on a semi-regular basis. For the past week I've been busy editing my romantic suspense manuscript. The good news is that I heard from the editor of the line I submitted to and she "loved" my story. In fact, she wants to publish it. Hurray!

Sort of. :) She wants me to make a few changes this week before she passes it up the food chain for final contract approval. So for the past few days I've been poring through the manuscript in search of any discrepancies. I've also ended up adding a few scenes so the length is up to 70,000 words now. It was a complicated novel to plot - I'd never tried a mystery before - and I hope I've got all the little glitches worked out. If all goes well I should be done editing in another day or two and then I'll send it on...and wait.  Fingers crossed.

After that, I'll return to the second in the vampire series I recently started. And I plan to start working seriously on the second book in the Rakes & Rogues series. The second Rakes & Rogues novella is significantly longer - and more involved - than the first story. There is a ton of research involved, too, which slows things up. But I love Victorian England; it's one of my favorite eras.

So that's the run down for my writing over the next few months. Thanks for stopping by my blog and best of luck with your own resolutions.

I'm off to walk my husky,

Gwen

3 comments:

  1. There was a bit of scare about 2000. I still have a stuffed toy with Y2K on it...lol

    My best NYE - We had a party for our friends and family. We could see the high school fireworks from our backyard. We all had a great time being together. Almost all the food was gone and the drinks...well there weren't any left..lol Those who needed to spend the night found a piece of floor and blankets and we had breakfast the next morning...some not so much LOL

    Great Blog Hop. Hope you will blog at KP sometime.

    Mary Keith
    mary@keithpublications.come
    www.keithpublications.com

    ReplyDelete

New Review

New Review
Loving this review on Riverina Romantics.

Blog Hop